On 4th of March 2014, I ran a solo ads campaign by buying one from Seth Hymes for 100 clicks. Details of his solo ads offer can be seen here from the Warrior Forum.
He ran my ad the following day or two. Here are the details of the advert:
I promoted only the squeeze page in order to gain leads and subscribers. Here are the results:
First 30 clicks: 3 leads –> 10% conversion
The first 30 solo ads clicks only resulted in 3 leads/subscribers for a conversion ratio of 10%. Now that’s very low even though some people might disagree. But after seeing many marketers able to pull off at least 25%-75% conversion rates on their squeeze pages, I feel that the campaign can do much better.
I actually panicked for a while and decided to immediately change the squeeze page to a better one to test out. I informed Seth about it and he was accommodative to my request.
Within an hour, I changed my squeeze page using Funnel Kit (I actually purchased this way before this campaign but I decided to use the pre-designed squeeze page by MLSP to test out the conversion ratio)
Here’s how the new squeeze page for the solo ads looked like:
Seth sent me a total of 110 clicks (10% over-delivery). Therefore, the remaining 80 clicks resulted in a whopping 28 leads, for a conversion ratio of 35%!
That’s a HUGE difference of 25%!
Obviously Seth’s list is responsive. The only problem was the initial squeeze page that I used. If I had known this from the start, I could have gotten at least 39 leads/subscribers in total from this “solo ads” campaign.
Seth was extremely responsive and helpful. It’s really a pleasure dealing with him.
Overall Solo Ads Campaign Summary
– Bought 100 clicks for $40.
– Seth delivered 110 clicks (over-delivery of 10%)
– First 30 clicks resulted in 3 leads/subscribers –> 10% conversion
– Remaining 80 clicks resulted in 28 leads/subscribers –> 35% conversion
– Total leads/subscribers generated: 31
– 31 leads/subscribers means about $1.29 per subscriber
– Sales: 0 (Still following up)
Breakdown of Leads/Subscribers Countries
Out of the 31 subscribers:
- 23 from United States
- 2 from United Kingdom
- 2 from Canada
- 1 from India
- 1 from Africa
- 1 from Philippines
- 1 from Indonesia
In total, about 87% of the subscribers are from Tier-1 countries! 🙂
Tools Used In This Campaign
– Tracking and testing are extremely important and vital in your online business. The above squeeze page can still be improved!
– Overall I’m satisfied with the solo ads campaign results…